This post contains affiliate links. If you buy something through our links, we may earn commission. Read our full disclaimer here.
Hey bestie, it’s your Internet BFF, Kaylannk here! Let’s talk wash day tools.
We all know wash day can be a marathon, not a sprint. Detangling, cleansing, conditioning, and styling – it’s all so much. It’s truly a day job that requires the right hair tools. With so many options out there, choosing the perfect wash day tools can feel overwhelming. That’s where I come in! I’m here to tell you the tools that will transform your wash day to make the process faster and way more enjoyable.
So, grab your detangling brush and get ready to dive into the essential wash day toolkit for natural hair:
- Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse: This DIY scalp treatment is a natural way to balance your scalp’s pH, combat dandruff, and promote hair growth. Dilute one part ACV with four parts water and massage it into your scalp after cleansing.
- Clarifying Shampoo: Biweekly week or so, use a clarifying shampoo to remove product buildup. This will leave your hair squeaky clean and ready to soak up your conditioner.
- Scalp Massager: Give your scalp TLC with a silicone scalp massager. It stimulates blood flow and removes product buildup.
- Wide-Tooth Comb: A wide-tooth comb detangles wet hair (or dry hair) gently, minimizing breakage and frustration. Start at the end of your hair and work your way up for a pain-free process.
- Fingers: Gentle detangling option for people with a sensitive scalp. Remove knots and tangles by hand gently finger detangle, starting from the ends.
- Hair clips: These are your lifesavers for sectioning your hair, keeping it out of your way while detangling, and creating defined styles.
- Deep Conditioner: This is a must have! Choose a deep conditioner packed with nourishing ingredients like coconut oil, shea butter, and aloe vera to hydrate and strengthen your strands.
- Microwavable Deep Conditioning Cap: Keep your pre-poo oils and conditioners where they belong – on your hair, not your clothes. It works in seconds!
- Hair Steamer: Take your deep conditioning session to the next level with a hair steamer. The steam opens up the hair cuticle, allowing the conditioner to penetrate deeper for even more intense hydration.
- Leave-In Conditioner: Seal in moisture and prevent frizz with a leave-in conditioner. Apply to damp hair, focusing on the ends, for added softness and manageability.
- Spray Bottle: Fill a spray bottle with water to damp your hair when it dries as you style it.
- Denman Brush: This brush detangles curls well. Plus, it defines curls and clumps them together.
- Microfiber Towel: A microfiber towel gently absorbs excess water without disturbing your curls.
- Satin Scrunchies: Satin scrunchies are gentle and help retain moisture in your hair as you style it in updos.
- Diffuser: Air drying can take forever, but a diffuser can help. Attach it to your blow dryer to gently dry your hair without frizzing it out.
My Shower Caddy Picks:
Bonus Tip: Invest in a cute shower caddy to keep all your wash day essentials organized and within easy reach.
Remember, naturals, wash day doesn’t have to be a chore.
Written with lots of care,
Your Internet BFF
P.S. Share your favorite wash day hair tools and tips in the comments.