28 Things I Wish I Knew Before Going Natural
28 things that I learned from my natural hair journey that would have saved me a lot of time and money. Continue reading to learn from my experience.
- There will be bad hair days. Invest in a hat.
- Hair stylists charge more if you tell them your hair is natural.
- You will have to learn about your hair.
- Product junkies are millionaires.
- It is hard to massage your scalp with thick hair.
- Dollar Tree has the same hair accessories and tools as the Beauty Supply store.
- Your peers will ask you if you are mixed.
- Styling edges or baby hair can make any hairstyle look polished.
- Product buildup is something you will experience, and it looks like hair dandruff.
- Every curl does not look the same.
- People can smell your hair when you walk by.
- Every gel is not created equally.
- Hair products have an expiration date even though it is not listed.
- People will associate you with your hair.
- Hair mousse is not just for White people.
- People will stare at you because of your hair.
- YouTubers are paid to recommend products.
- People will touch your hair without asking.
- Wearing a sleek bun regularly can cause traction alopecia.
- Product price does not reflect product quality.
- Using a line of products from one brand gives better results than mixing and matching brands.
- Most natural hair products are not made by Black people.
- You can use a wide tooth comb as a hair pick.
- Water grows hair better than any product on the market.
- Aussie Moist Conditioner is the best and most affordable hair detangler of all time.
- Natural hair products will ruin your pillowcases.
- Applying edge control daily can cause acne around your hairline.
- Your hair journey will inspire others around you.
Comment what you wish you knew before you went natural.
Check out: Natural Hair Guide For Beginners: How To Start A Healthy Hair Journey?
Leave a Reply