This post contains affiliate links. If you buy something through our links, we may earn commission. Read our full disclaimer here.
Hey bestie, it’s your Internet BFF, Kaylannk here! Let’s talk summer essentials.
It is officially summer, the Sun is here, and it’s hot and sticky out. Trust me, this has not stopped me from looking good and smelling good. If you want to beat the heat (like I do), check out my favorite summer products below.
My Summer Essentials:
- The Black Girl Friendly Drugstore Sun Protectant: I have written about the Neutrogena Invisible Daily Defense Sunscreen Lotion on here before. This is my current favorite sunscreen because the product melts into my skin and doesn’t leave a white cast. Plus, the product is affordable. This product is a must buy.
- Refresh Your Curls During The Day Spray: For extremely hot days when the moisture in your hair is gone, I recommend you use Cantu Hydrating Leave-in Conditioning Mist spray to refresh your curls. You can wet your hair, spray the mist onto your hair, and pull your hair back into a ponytail for an instant hair quick fix.
- Protect Your Scalp and Skin In Style: I will be wearing a bucket hat to all outdoor events this summer. I use retinol in my skin care regimen, so I need to protect my skin from the direct heat.
- Family Friendly Booty Shorts: H&M has the best family friendly shorts. My favorite shorts are the cuffed shorts. The shorts are family friendly because my butt is fully covered.
- Fluff Up Your Hair: The heat is great for everyone with natural hair. If your hair is adequately moisturized with water, the Sun will draw up the moisture in your hair creating frizz and volume. So, I will be keeping a hair pick with me this summer to make sure that I can fluff my hair to the volume that I would like. If you have natural hair, you know we love volume.
- Must Have Hair Accessory: Scrunchies are a must-have hair accessory for every season, occasion, activity, and lifestyle. You will need a scrunchie to gather your hair up when it is sticking to your skin on extremely hot days. In the summertime, I usually wear my hair in an updo and match the color of my scrunchie to the color of my outfit.
- Edge Control That Controls Edges For Hours: I have written about the Style Factor Edge Booster on here before. This edge control keeps my edges laid for hours. I have recommended this product to people with different hair types (coarser and looser than my hair) and this product has worked for them, too.
- Glow Girl Summer: I want to be glowing in all my pictures. To achieve a sun kissed look, I will be using the TikTok viral product, Jergens Natural Glow Instant Sun Body Mousse self-tanner for flawless, glowy skin.
- This Is Not A Safe Space For Bugs: I do not like mosquitoes. I will be drenching my skin in bug spray. I recently purchased a Bugables Repellent Coils wristband as extra protection against mosquitoes.
- Keep The Pits Dry: I keep a travel sized Secret Powder Fresh Solid Antiperspirant Deodorant in my purse. This deodorant holds up in the summer heat, leaving me smelling powdery fresh all day.
- Freshen Up Body Wipes: I keep body wipes in my purse. During the summer, I use body wipes when I am sweating excessively, which allows me to stay fresh and confident in social settings. This also prevents me from putting deodorant on top of sweat.
- N95 Face Mask: We are still living in a pandemic. There are multiple elements floating in the air, so when I am indoors, I will wear a N95 Face Mask. I prefer these face masks because they are medical grade masks. Also, these masks do not stick to my face allowing me to fully breathe and speak clearly while protecting myself from Miss Rona.
- Metro Everywhere: I keep my Metro card in my wallet for emergencies.
- White Toe Summer: White nail polish goes with every outfit, and it look 10x cleaner. I will be using Sally Hansen’s white nail polish and their clear fast drying nail polish to get white toes this summer.
- Blow That Hot Air Away: I have a handheld fan that goes anywhere I go. I suggest that you purchase a fan that fits on your person because you cannot guarantee everywhere you go this summer will have A/C.
- Water Is Life: I will be toting my water supply around in a cute water bottle. Who said you can’t be stylish and save the Earth?
- IV Me Please: I have a couple of packs of Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier on hand to stay hydrated when water is not enough.
Written with lots of care,
Your Internet BFF
P.S. What are your favorite summer products? Share your response in the comments.
Check out: What’s In My Summer Travel Beauty Bag?