College students have things they must balance from their academics to social life. Amongst all the things that college students must do, self-care should be prioritized too. Self-care is the practice of taking care of your physical, mental, and emotional health. Self-care can help you reduce stress, improve your mood, and boost your overall well-being.
10 Self-care Tips For College Students
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep per night. A good night’s rest will leave you able to concentrate, learn, and manage stress.
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating healthy gives your body energy to function properly.
- Exercise. Exercise can help to reduce stress, improve mood, and boost energy.
- Spend time in nature. Taking a walk in the park or simply sitting outside to enjoy fresh air can help reduce stress, improve mood, and boost creativity.
- Connect with family and friends. Social support is important for everyone and most importantly, college students studying far from home. Be sure to connect with friends and family, either in person or online.
- Take breaks. Taking breaks throughout the day to dance, read, or listen to music when you are feeling stressed can help alleviate the stress.
- Find a hobby. Having a hobby can help you relax and de-stress.
- Get a massage or facial. Getting a massage or facial is a great way to relax and pamper yourself.
- Take a nap. If you are feeling tired, take a nap for 20-30 minutes. This can help you recharge and improve your energy.
- Spend time with a pet. Pets can provide companionship and reduce stress.