This post contains affiliate links. If you buy something through our links, we may earn commission. Read our full disclaimer here.
Hey bestie, it’s your Internet BFF, Kaylannk here! Let’s talk rosemary oil and hair growth.
Ready for long healthy natural hair? It’s about time you get acquainted with rosemary oil. This oil when used as hair oil boosts hair growth for stimulating blood circulation to the scalp and adds shine to the hair.
The Science Behind the Rosemary Oil
Here’s the lowdown on rosemary oil:
- Hair Growth: Rosemary oil contains a compound called carnosic acid, which stimulates blood circulation in the scalp. This increased blood flow promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss. Research even suggests that rosemary oil can be just as effective as minoxidil, a common hair growth medication, without the side effects.
- Combat Dandruff: Rosemary oil has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, which combats the fungus that causes dandruff. Thus, leaving your scalp feeling soothed and flake-free.
- Hair Shine: Rosemary oil is a natural astringent, meaning it tightens the hair cuticle. This smooths the hair shaft, boosting shine and reducing frizz for healthy shiny hair.
How to Use Rosemary Oil On Natural Hair?
Some ways to incorporate rosemary oil into your hair routine:
- Scalp Massage: Dilute a few drops of rosemary oil with a carrier oil like jojoba or coconut oil. Massage the mixture gently into your scalp for 5-10 minutes, focusing on areas where you might experience hair loss or dandruff. Leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour, then rinse with a gentle shampoo.
- DIY Hair Mask: Create a moisturizing hair mask by combining rosemary oil with either avocado, honey, or aloe vera. Apply to damp hair, focusing on the ends, and leave on for 30 minutes before rinsing.
- Pre-Poo: Add a few drops of rosemary oil to your pre-poo treatment to stimulate the scalp and boost hair growth. Leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour, then rinse with a gentle shampoo.
- Conditioner Mix: Mix a few drops of rosemary oil with your favorite conditioner or leave-in conditioner for added shine and scalp benefits.
- DIY Shine Spray: Create a hair spray by dropping a few drops of rosemary oil in water in a spray bottle. Spritz it onto your hair before styling.
Rosemary Oil Tips & Tricks:
- Patch Test: Before applying rosemary oil all over your head, do a patch test on a small area of your skin to check for any allergic reactions.
- Less is More: Start with just a few drops and adjust as needed. Too much can be irritating on your scalp.
- Storage is Key: Keep your rosemary oil in a cool, dark place to preserve its potency.
Bonus Tip: Combine rosemary oil with other growth promoting oils like peppermint oil for extra hair boost.
Disclaimer: Please consult with a healthcare professional before using rosemary oil, especially if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have any underlying health conditions.
Remember, consistency is key!
Written with lots of care,
Your Internet BFF
P.S. Share your rosemary oil hair journey with me in the comments below.
Check out: How To Grow Your Hair with Rice Water?