This post contains affiliate links. If you buy something through our links, we may earn commission. Read our full disclaimer here.
Hey bestie, it’s your Internet BFF, Kaylannk here! Let’s talk acne.
We’ve all been there, staring down at pesky pimples in the mirror and thinking how we can get rid of it – as fast as possible. Well, the simple answer is you can use pimple patches or rosehip oil. Or mandelic acid.
What Is Mandelic Acid?
Mandelic acid is the gentle giant of the alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) world. It offers pore-unclogging, dead skin-dissolving benefits without the harsh redness and irritation. This makes it perfect for sensitive and acne-prone skin.
Why Mandelic Acid Is The MVP For Acne-free Living?
- Exfoliation Nation: It gently buffs away dead skin cells that clog pores and fuel breakouts, leaving your skin smooth and radiant.
- Bacteria Basher: It has antibacterial properties to get rid of acne causing bacteria.
- Inflammation Fighter: Mandelic acid calms down redness and swelling.
- Post-Pimple Correction: It helps fade dark spots left behind by breakouts.
- Anti-aging all-star: Bonus points for this one! Mandelic acid exfoliating properties promote cell turnover and reveal fresh, youthful skin.
My Mandelic Acid Skincare Picks:
- The Ordinary Mandelic Acid 10% + HA 2%: This serum is a gentle to mandelic acid for testing the waters.
- Paula’s Choice 25% AHA + 2% BHA Exfoliant Peel: This peel is a skincare powerhouse that amps up your existing routine.
- Naturium Mandelic Topical Acid 12% with Mandelic Acid: This serum combines the power of retinol with the soothing touch of mandelic acid for a gentle yet effective treatment.
Okay, so mandelic acid sounds pretty amazing, right? But before you go slathering it on like sunscreen, remember, everyone’s skin is different. Patch test first, and always be gentle with your face. Consult a dermatologist if you have any concerns, especially if you have super sensitive skin.
Remember, skincare is a journey, not a sprint.
Written with lots of care,
Your Internet BFF
P.S. Have you tried mandelic acid? What are your favorite products? Share your response in the comments.
Check out: Why Rosehip Oil Is The Best For Acne Scars?