Maintaining natural hair can be a complex task, but I am here to make it easier for you. As we do with our skincare routine and wardrobe alike, we must change our hair care routine to correlate with the season. The cooler weather and drier air that comes with fall can lead to dry, frizzy, and brittle hair. For this reason, it is important to adjust your natural hair care routine for Fall.
This post contains affiliate links. If you buy something through our links, we may earn commission. Read our full disclaimer here.
4 Natural Hair Care Tips for Fall
- Deep condition at least once a week. Deep conditioning your natural hair will be essential to keeping your hair hydrated and healthy during the fall season.
- Use a heavier hair moisturizer made with shea butter. A heavier hair moisturizer will help keep your hair hydrated.
- Seal in moisture with oil (jojoba oil, coconut oil, olive oil). After moisturizing your hair, seal in the moisture with an oil to help prevent your hair from drying out.
- Protect your hair from the elements. When you go to bed at night, be sure to protect your hair with a scarf or bonnet to prevent friction and breakage while you sleep. When you go outside, be sure to protect your hair with a hat or scarf from the wind and chilly air.
My Fall Natural Hair Product Recommendations
- Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave-In Conditioner: This leave-in conditioner is great for hydrating and detangling natural hair. Plus, it contains Jamaican black castor oil, which is great for promoting hair growth.
- As I Am Leave-In Conditioner: This leave-in conditioner is thick and contains ingredients that keeps hair protected and moisturized.
- Eco Styler Olive Oil Styling Gel: This styling gel is great for defining and holding curls. Plus, the gel mixes well with a lot of different leave-in conditioners without flaking up.
- Mielle Organics Rosemary Mint Strengthening Edge Gel: This edge gel tames edges and contains rosemary and mint, which are great ingredients for their scalp-stimulating properties.
- TGIN Moisture Rich Curl Refresher: This curl refresher is great for refreshing curls on second-day hair. This product is moisturizing and hydrating.
A Sample 4-day Fall Natural Hair Routine
- Wash your hair with a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
- Deep condition your hair for 30 minutes.
- Rinse out the deep conditioner.
- Apply a heavy leave-in conditioner.
- Apply oil.
- Apply a gel or styler.
- Air dry your hair.
Style your hair as desired.
- Refresh your curls with a spray bottle of water or leave-in conditioner.
- Style your hair as desired.
Repeat the cycle starting from Day 1.