The Copenhagen style is a modernized touch to your traditional business casual look. This style is customizable and allows you to effortlessly combine business and casual looks in a structured way that looks stylish and practical. The Copenhagen style is built upon patterns, oversized pieces, and statement accessories. You can look to Copenhageners like Emili Sindlev and Thora Valdimar to draw inspiration for this style trend.
This post contains affiliate links. If you buy something through our links, we may earn commission. Read our full disclaimer here.
How To Achieve The Copenhagen Style?
What is a common outfit for the Copenhagen style?
A common outfit to dress like a Copenhagen girlie consists of a white t-shirt, black jeans, and an oversized blazer. Adidas Sambas sneakers, loafers, or heels are common shoe choices for this look. To finish the look, you must add an oversized piece of jewelry and a multicolored plaid scarf.
What are the outfit essentials to achieve this aesthetic?
To dress like a girl from Copenhagen, you need the following essentials:
- Oversized blazers. Oversized blazers are dressed up or down to add a touch of a structured polish look to an outfit.
- Bike shorts. Bike shorts is an athleisure piece that are dressed up with a blazer and heels.
- Statement jewelry. Chunky necklaces, statement earrings, and oversized rings add personality and uniqueness to your outfit.
- Scarves. Scarves are worn around your neck, tied in your hair, or even used as a belt.
- Hats. Hats are an accessory that is worn year-round. Straw hats are great for the summer and wool hats are perfect for the winter.
How to achieve this style on a budget?
You can achieve this style by purchasing the essentials pieces for this aesthetic at the following places:
- Shop at thrift stores and consignment shops. You can find low prices on high-quality clothing at thrift stores and consignment shops.
- Shop sales and clearance racks. Sales and clearance racks at popular department stores in-person and online is a way to find high-quality clothing at a discounted price.
- Shop for pieces at Zara or H&M. Zara and H&M are great places for affordable basics and statement jewelry. Basics are easily layered to achieve this style.