Hey bestie, it’s your Internet BFF, Kaylannk here! Let’s talk Blue Magic.
Blue Magic hair grease – a product synonymous with our childhood. This product has been a staple in Black hair care for generations, known for its ability to moisturize our hair at an affordable price. But can a product that was great then stand a chance now, in a period where we have numerous natural hair products. Let’s explore the good, the bad, and the greasy, so you can decide if this product is right for you.
- Moisturizing: Blue Magic’s thick consistency and ingredients makes it a great sealant for preserving hair moisture. This is beneficial for hair growth because properly moisturized hair prevents dryness and excessive hair breakage.
- Scalp Soother: The moisturizing properties of this grease can alleviate scalp discomfort and irritation.
- Affordable: Blue Magic is priced at a reasonable price.
- Product Buildup: Blue Magic ingredients can coat the hair making it difficult for other products to absorb into the hair shaft. This can cause build up on the scalp and hair. Such build up can clog pores and hinder hair growth. To combat product build up, you should use small amounts and regularly clarify your hair and scalp.
- Fragrance: The scent of this grease can be overpowering to some and nostalgic to others.
So, is Blue Magic still a staple? It can be a useful tool in your hair care routine, but it is crucial to use it strategically. Here is how:
- Use it as a sealant: Moisturize your damp hair with a leave-in conditioner. Lock in moisture and retain hair growth by applying a small amount of Blue Magic to the ends of your hair.
- Clarify regularly: Use a clarifying shampoo at least every two weeks to remove any product build-up from this grease.
- Use as directed: A little bit of this grease goes a long way.
This post contains affiliate links. If you buy something through our links, we may earn commission. Read our full disclaimer here.
Blue Magic can be a beneficial addition to your natural hair care routine, especially for dry hair. However, the formulation of this product can cause product buildup. The decision to use or not to use Blue Magic is a personal one. As you are making your decision, be sure to take into consideration your hair type, needs, and preferences.
Remember, there is no one-size-fits-all approach to natural hair care.
Written with lots of care,
Your Internet BFF
P.S. Share in the comments if you have tried Blue Magic on your natural hair.