This post contains affiliate links. If you buy something through our links, we may earn commission. Read our full disclaimer here.
Hey bestie, it’s your Internet BFF, Kaylannk here! Let’s talk lip balm.
Chapped lips? Not on our watch! Keeping your lips soft and hydrated is a year-round task especially during the winter months. But no task is too big for us. We have created a list of incredible Black-owned products that are lip-smacking solutions to your lip dryness.
Get moisturized lips and support a Black-owned business with one of the products below.
My Black-Owned Lip Care Picks:
1. Fenty Skin Lux Balm: Let’s be real, Rihanna knows a thing or two about creating must-have beauty products. Her Fenty Skin Lux Balm is no exception. Although this product was marketed to men, it is a must-have for women as well. This balm was made with a blend of butters and oils that supply hydration and shine leaving your lips soft and smooth.
2. Cay Skin Isle Lip Balm SPF 30: Take me back to summer with this island-inspired lip balm by supermodel Winnie Harlow that is a tropical vacation in a tube. Packed with sea moss, aloe vera, and SPF 30, this balm delivers intense hydration and protection to your delicate lips.
3. Topicals Slick Salve: We all want shiny and hydrated lips all day every day. And this lip balm from Topicals (founder Olamide Olowe) is the closest thing we have to that. This lip balm lasts long, thanks to its formulation of ceramides and oils that create a protective barrier that locks in moisture and promotes healing. Use code (ABOUTKAYLANNK) for 20% Off Your First Purchase.
4. Ami Colé Hydrating Lip Treatment Oil: Need a lip balm that matches your vegan and cruelty-free lifestyle? Try this lip oil from Ami Colé (founder Diarrha Ndiaye) that is truly a game changer for dry lips. This blend of oils rich in antioxidants and fatty acids offers hydration, protection, and a glossy finish. For an item that resembles lip gloss, the application is seamless.
5. Buttah Skin Triple Butter Conditioning Lip Balm: Treat your lips to a spa treatment with this lip balm from Buttah Skin (founder Dorion Renaud). This triple butter blend formulation delivers intense moisture with vitamin E protection. This balm melts onto your lips, leaving them feeling soft and smooth.
6. Lip Bar Moisture Pop Tinted Shimmer Bar: Add a little glitz and glam to your life with this lip balm from Lip Bar (founder Melissa Butler). This balm is glam in a small package. This one product provides hydration, color, and shimmer to your lips.
7. BLK/OPL Lip and Cheek Balm: Need a double-duty product? Look no further than BLK/OPL (acquired by Desiree Rogers and Cheryl Mayberry McKissack in 2020). This product provides color and hydration to both your lips and cheeks.
8. Hanahana Beauty Shea Lip Balm: A lip balm where less is truly more. This handcrafted balm from Hanahana Beauty (founded by Abena Boamah-Acheampong), made with shea butter and cocoa butter is a true testament to the moisturizing and protecting properties of these two ingredients.
With these hydrating and moisturizing lip balms, you can kiss dry, chapped lips goodbye and say hello to a smooth, soft pout.
Written with lots of care,
Your Internet BFF
P.S. What are your favorite Black-owned lip balms? Share your recommendations in the comments below.